Frontend Software Engineer - SEO, TikTok User Growth
Software Rotational Program
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the TikTok User Growth team
TikTok’s User Growth team is a cross-functional team (engineering, data science, recommendation/algorithm, product, marketing, operations) that apply a data-driven approach to growth. We work closely to improve the whole TikTok user growth funnel: branding, acquisition, onboarding, engagement, and retention, across a variety of products.
About the SEO focus area within TikTok User Growth
As a frontend engineer focusing on SEO in the TikTok’s User Growth team, you will:
– Design and build scalable SEO frontend systems to support the content growth flywheel on tiktok.com
– Work with frontend engineers from different product teams to integrate with the SEO frontend system
– Work with product managers and data scientists to analyze SEO product and user data, and iterate based on data insights
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent majors with at least 3 years of working experience.
- UI/UX instincts and knowledge.
- Experience in building metrics-driven experiments and using data to inform product decisions.
- Deep domain expertise in SEO and related product and engineering practices.
- Experience in Growth Engineering or Growth Hacking; have successful user growth track record.
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems using Go, Node.js, Python, or Java with high QPS and availability, and low latency.
- Experience in utilizing Natural Language Processing and Understanding (NLP, NLU).
- Experience in designing and implementing content recommendation systems.
- Experience in building data pipelines or using modern big data processing frameworks and patterns.
- TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Benefits & compensation
Est: See website.
- 【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $136,800 – $205,000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.
The Global Product Development Group (GPD) is seeking innovative Entry Level Software Engineers to build state-of-the-art software platforms. This early career development program is designed to develop new employees, and prepare them for a future with GM. This is accomplished by providing work assignments and networking opportunities that expose them to different, interfacing roles in critical and emerging business areas. In parallel, the engineers develop business acumen, strategic technical skills, relationships, and excellence that grow as they progress through the program. The result is an employee that is prepared to fit directly into a variety of roles, quickly add value and move the company forward. This program requires a two-year commitment and consists of four 6-month rotational assignments within the Product Engineering organization as part of our TRACK (Technical Rotation and Career Knowledge) program.
Software Engineers: Software engineers design, develop, test and architect SW for intended functionality. Vehicles have multiple SW stacks ranging from Low level SW, embedded SW, Object Oriented SW, Offboard SW (Cloud, Edge). Software Engineers utilize codes, algorithms, embedded systems, and architect software to optimize controller resources and throughput. This software will run throughout our vehicle ecosystem, so you will be able to do hands-on work that can directly affect our customers. Understanding Agile methodology.
- Develop software that may run on vehicle controllers, mobile phones; QNX, Linux, and Android-based infotainment systems, or cloud infrastructure.
- Design and develop code to meet functional requirements.
- Design, develop and test feature behavior and interaction between hardware and software
- Develop test cases aligned with requirements in manual and automated test environments
- Perform data analysis and research to assess vehicle feature feasibility
- Participate in Agile and SaFe development activities
- Take part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and iteration demos
Software Engineer responsibilities & desired skills (not limited to)
- Additional Job Description:
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following areas:
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Controls Engineering
- Controls Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Systems Engineering.
- Systems Engineering
- Must graduate between December 2021 and June 2023.
- Ability to learn in fast paced environment and solve problems
- Prior internship experience in automotive or technology
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Engineering Principles
- Deliver new and creative solutions to complex problems
- Elevated level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative and is proactive
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to interpret and share content
- Collaborate with varying degrees of management and other coworkers
- Demonstrate leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities, or service organizations
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience in use of MATLAB/Simulink
- Demonstrated algorithm generation and connection to physical requirements
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Benefits & compensation
Est: See website.
- The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Opportunity Statements:
- The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.